Schools in the United Kingdom are among the biggest and best in the world. All their institutions have world-class infrastructures and facilities that aid learning. However, it takes a bit of a fortune to complete a program in one of the tertiary institutions in the UK. Regardless, there are Universities with cheap tuition for international students.
International students spend an average of £12,200/US$16,120 as the cost of living for their program. Meanwhile, the average undergraduate program costs £9,250 (~€10,830 for EU/Citizens. For international students, tuition fees vary, depending on the course of study and University.
All the schools are quite competitive. So, if your tuition is cheaper, it does not mean the quality of education you’d get is lesser than more expensive schools.
Thankfully, there are scholarship opportunities for people who cannot afford the complete fee. Let’s take a look at some top UK Universities that are affordable.
Staffordshire University is notable for offering courses in science and humanity. These Courses include specialization in arts, Engineering, Law, policing and forensics, health and social care, life sciences, and education.
SU was established over 100 years ago and they have been rated among the top 10 Universities in the UK. They are well equipped with the latest educational facilities to aid learning and living on campus.
Tuition Fees Academic
- Computer Science BSC: £14,000
- MSC Computer Science: £14,500
- MBA: £15,000
- International Business Management MSC: £15,500
TU was founded in 1930 and they are still among the top universities in the UK. The school offer courses mainly in engineering, metallurgy, and chemistry.
In terms of the international student satisfaction barometer, Teesside University has constantly been among the top 10. TU has also been featured in the Times Higher Education University of the Year.
- Full-time Undergraduate Course: £13,000 (per year)
- Full-time Postgraduate Diploma Course: £12,400
- Two Year Master’s Degree: £15,000 (£7,500 per year)
- Full-time Research Degree (standard tier): £11,750 (per year)
- Full-time Research Degree (enhanced tier): £14,500 (per year)
- Doctorate in Health & Social Care: £13,000 (per year)
Buckinghamshire New University is ranked third on the list of cheapest UK universities for international students. The campuses of this institution are located in Uxbridge, Aylesbury, and High Wycombe.
For students looking to enjoy the sights of London, this institution is the perfect place. BNU has succeeded in setting the pace for research and molding society through its value system.
- Full-time Undergraduate (BA/BSc (Hons), LLB (Hons), BEng, FDA, FDSC): £9,500
- Full-time Postgraduate courses (MA/MSc, MEng, LLM) Excluding MA
- Advertising: MBA £9,400
- Full-time International MBA 180 credits: £10,600
- Full-time International MBA 120 credits: £7,200
- Full-time International MBA 60 credits: £3,600
- Full-time Postgraduate Diploma Business Management: £7,200
- Full-time MA Advertising: £11,800
- Full-time Foundation Studies Art and Design: £6,300
- Full-time International Foundation Programme: £8,000
This University isn’t among the oldest schools in the UK, but it has been ranked among the fastest-growing schools. It is located in the City of Warwick but with two campuses. Student research in computer science, informatics, electrical and electronic engineering has been adjudged as world-class. CU is currently ranked number 25 in the United Kingdom.
- Accounting and Finance for International Business: (Top-Up) BA £11,250
- LONU004 Global Business (Top-Up): BA £11,250
- Global Business Management BA: £11,250
- Global Marketing (Top-Up) BA: £11,250
- International Finance and Accounting BA: £11,250
- International Hospitality and Tourism Management (Top-Up) BA: £11,250
- Global Business MBA: £15,000
- Global Financial Services MBA: £15,000
- International Fashion Management MBA: £15,000
- International Marketing MBA: £15,000
- Oil and Gas Management MBA: £15,000
- Global Financial Trading MS: £12,800
- International Fashion Marketing MSC: £12,800
Prospective students who have read about London Metropolitan University would be tempted to enroll in one of their courses. LMU is one of the citadels of learning in the UK that provides practical workplace skills for students. You can also take advantage of their professional development programs to grow your career.
Among the facilities of this institution is one of the biggest teaching laboratories in Europe, design studios, specialist art, and many more. The school also has a world-class Business School in Moorgate.
- Full-time honors degree (BA or BSc): £13,200
- Master’s degree (Data Analytics – MSc): £13,750
- MBA: £13,250
York St John University is one of the cheapest schools for international students. Yet, the facilities are world-class to make learning easy for students. As a result, students are prepared for workplace experience with practical programs.
The institution is one of the best in terms of higher education based on religious foundations.
- Post Graduate Research: £9,500
- Post Graduate Taught MA/MSc: £10,000
- UG & PG Health Programmes: £11,500
- MBA Masters in Business Administration: £13,000
- MSC (Pre-Registration) Physiotherapy: £17,250
The University of Cumbria is a famous institution even though it was established in 2007. It is built on the foundation of a learning network – this means there are on-campus students and those who take lectures in remote colleges around Cumbria.
They have a track record in terms of interdisciplinary research carried out by students worldwide. In addition, UC launched an institute of leadership and stability in 2012 at their Ambleside campus. Fees are quite affordable.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA, BSc, LLB): £12,800
- BA (Hons) Social Work: £15,500
- Postgraduate Courses: £12,800
- MBA: £14,500
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University offers world-class education but at affordable prices for international students. This is one of the few universities affiliated with companies so that those who complete their programs can get employed easily. If you live outside the UK and are looking for a school with relatively cheap tuition, you can check out Leeds Beckett University.
- Foundation: £11,000
- Undergraduate (most courses): £12,000
- Postgraduate (most courses): £13,000 to £14,000
- Research: £14,000