$30k a month is a huge income possibility doing affiliate marketing; it’s difficult to believe, right? You can make thousands of dollars selling products that are not yours online. Surprisingly, you can do this from the comfort of your home without having to commute to a workplace or being answerable to a “boss.”
However, earning $30k a month is only a dream for many people. And it doesn’t mean affiliate marketing will make it super easy. In addition to putting in the work, you need to understand how affiliate marketing works for you to be able to make the said amount or even more.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the term used to describe earning a commission for the sales of a product or service of a merchant.
To become an affiliate marketer or a partner for a product, you must first sign up with an affiliate merchant (Company that sells products or services). If you are accepted, you will be given a link to display on your platform – the link usually contains the product you are selling for the affiliate merchant.
Like every other passive income stream, affiliate marketing takes time and consistency to become stable. However, if you get it right, it may become a main income source instead of a passive income stream.
You may resort to posting links to generate sales. While this works but it’s mostly a pill that guarantees only minimal results. To earn $30k a month doing affiliate marketing, you must have a high-ranking website that drafts thousands of daily traffic.
To make $30k a month doing affiliate marketing, you need to follow the step-by-step method listed in this article.
Create a blog/website.
Becoming an affiliate marketer without owning a website is possible, but the only guarantee for making huge sales is when you have a platform (website) to display sales links.
Creating a website goes beyond buying a domain name and hosting it. No, it involves publishing quality and appropriate content. And then deliberately growing the website to get traffic and retain your visitors.
To create a website for affiliate marketing, follow the steps below:
- Buy a domain name on Namecheap/GoDaddy, and so on. (A domain name could be “yourbrandname.com“, Youpetname.com and etc
- Host your website on platforms like Bluehost, Hostinger, Whogohost, etc
- Select a WordPress theme and install it
- Design your website
- Publish up-to-date and informative content
- Optimize your content through SEO, Google ads, Content marketing, etc.
One thing is fundamental in growing or making your website known. Do not copy content from other blogs. Instead, ensure your contents are original and very informative; this way, google can improve the visibility of your website. The more visible your site is, the better the chances you increase sales.
Pick Your Niche
If you get this wrong, you will likely become frustrated and discouraged about affiliate marketing. Therefore, it is advisable to pick a niche with which you are very family. For example, if you are passionate about cosmetic products but decide to start a sports website for affiliate marketing, you may need help to utilize a sports blog. A niche defines the essence of your website, but it should be all about your interest.
Picking your niche is fundamental to the success of your website because it is at the point that you are choosing your target audience. This will directly have an impact on the types of products you promote.
Niches, including health and fitness, surfing, photography, knitting, bodybuilding, cooking, origami, and pole dancing, are all lucrative as far as affiliate marketing is concerned.
While it is advisable to pick niches where your interest lies, it is also essential to know the profit potential of your niche idea. Therefore, you must ask yourself the following questions before selecting your niche:
- Does the niche have a big enough audience to make it viable and
- Are there plenty of products and services you can promote
Research tools can suffice for finding out profitable niches. For example, if you intend to start an affiliate marketing blog about top beauty tips, Beautilifestyle is a perfect website with content in this niche.
Ensure the content of your blog answers possible questions about the niche you have selected.
Create Great Content
“Content is king” is a famous cliche among bloggers. Content is king means the quality of your content is the main factor determining your blog’s growth.
The search engine Google works in a way that it ranks websites based on originality, speed, quality, and whether search results are relevant to queries. You can write 10k-worded articles, but you won’t get traffic if the content is lost on Google.
You can also optimize your content to make it more visible on the various search engines. There are three ways to optimize the content on your website:
- SEO – Search engine optimization (Which includes on-page and off-page SEO)
- Backlink building involves placing keywords and directing them via a link from a high-ranking website to yours.
- Google Ads: You can place ads on Google
Promote Products & Get Paid
Now that you know the secret of getting Google traffic, you can monetize your content.
This is exactly where you take advantage of the niche you’ve created and carve a niche for yourself in the market space.
There are various affiliate programs, but you must find programs your website visitors will be interested in.
You can choose from thousands of affiliate products to promote for free. This can include:
- Amazon Associates
- eBay Partner Network
- Commission Junction (CJ)
- Rakuten Affiliate
Regardless of your niche, there’s an affiliate program for you. One sure way to check for the best programs is to type “best (your niche) affiliate programs,” and you will see a chunk of options pop up on Google.
If your website is about music, promoting articles about musical instruments will get you more clicks than writing about politics on the site.
Give your audience the content they seek, and they’ll return for more.
One of the secrets of utilizing your platform to make $30k a month is to find high-ticket or recurring affiliate programs.
High-ticket affiliate program:
High-ticket marketing program is the term used to describe promoting products or services with higher value. When you sign up for this program, you can make more profits with fewer sales.
You can earn 4-5 figures depending on the product you promote. The commission ranges from $500 to $1000.
Most affiliate marketers rely on huge website traffic to drive sales – this means their sales will be lower if they do not have enough traffic, which translates into less profit. Meanwhile, with high-ticket programs, you can earn money even with fewer sales as you focus on more sales instead of traffic.
High-ticket programs are geared towards influencers in the industry against affiliate marketing best practices. No matter how expensive a product or service is, it can be sold if it has endorsements and good reviews.
Recurring affiliate programs:
This refers to when a new customer purchases an item following a referral from an affiliate. The affiliate will continue to earn as long as the customer remains signed up.
When a new customer purchases an affiliate that has referred them, the affiliate receives a monthly fee. This is relevant mainly for subscription-based online products or services, and the affiliate gets a recurring payment for as long as the customer remains signed up.
How To Optimize Campaigns
You must optimize your campaigns using certain strategies to improve your marketing result. Below are tested strategies to optimize your campaign.
- Test different marketing channels: There are different marketing channels for running campaigns. Email, social media, content marketing, and paid ads are among the best marketing channels for your audience. If you utilize any of the aforementioned, you will probably make huge sales.
- Analyze audience data: If you want to under the behavior of your audience, you must analyze their data with tools like Google Analytics, Facebook, and Twitter Insights. This will give you an idea of where your target should be.
- Use split testing: Split testing, commonly referred to as A/B testing, allows marketers to compare two versions of a web page — a control (the original) and a variation — to determine which performs better to boost conversions. Specifically, you can use this to test headlines, call-to-actions, and landing pages, and this is done to fund out what converts best.
- Optimize landing pages: To boost your conversion rate, you must optimize landing pages. To do this, ensure you use concise, clear, unique, compelling images and videos and your call-to-action is prominent.
- Monitor your competition: If you check on your competitors, you will be updated with what works and doesn’t. When you do this, you can cross-check your marketing efforts and adjust where necessary.
- Use retargeting: if you want to engage people, you must retarget those who previously showed interest in the product or services you sell. The idea is the show adds to people who constantly visit your site.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends: If you want to stay ahead of your competition, strive to stay up-to-date with the industry trends. There are outdated trends, and there will always be new trends that work.
One of the sure ways to earn $30k a month is to optimize your campaigns to improve your results. Ensure you test different marketing channels like Facebook groups and landing pages using retargeting, and update your knowledge on the new trends in the industry.
A website is one of the most trusted digital assets guaranteeing passive income. If you get one, you have a huge asset.
In selecting your niche, consider passion and market; you may struggle to create great content for a specific audience.
Develop a good content strategy that should include creating well-searched keywords to make more commission.
Finally, to make $30k a month doing affiliate marketing, you must choose recurring affiliate and high-ticket affiliate programs.