In terms of appearances, most men and women want a lot of things that they cannot have. Looking good is not just having a “good body”‘, it is more than just that. However, having a tiny waist and a flat tummy can boost your confidence and it is achievable with specific exercises.
There are various exercise routines, it is possible to embark on routines targeting specific parts of the body. For example, targeting your midsection during a workout will make your waist tinier and your stomach flatter.
The midsection comprises three muscle groups. Thus; transverse abdominis, rectus abdominis andoblique muscles.
- Transverse abdominis: Responsible for protrusion of the muscles are not strong enough.
- Rectus abdominis: Responsible for 6-packs
- Oblique muscles (external and internal): Responsible for the shape of the waist.
Toning and strengthening these muscles will cause a tiny waist and a flat tummy. A combination of static exercises, body-weight dynamic exercises, and stretching can do the magic for you.
Best Work Out To Get Tiny Waist and a Flat Stomach:
Torso twist stretch
For torso twist stretch, you can stand up straight, lift your arms up and then twist your upper body to the right and left.
Keep your spine long and straight.
Do routine for 15 seconds and repeat 10 times.
Side stretch is seen as a warm-up to exercise but it is as important as the exercise itself. The idea of side stretch is to prepare you for exercise and it works on the obliques.
You can sit or stand to embark on a side stretch.
- Stand on your feet with your legs apart.
- Raise one of your hands, slide sideways and bend your torso.
- Wait for 15 seconds before changing hands.
- Repeat up to 10 times.
The scissors exercise is effective for reducing the transverse abdominis muscle and making the tummy flatter. This routine is carried out this way:
- Lie down on your back with your arms by your sides.
- Lift your right leg above the ground to an angle of 45°. While you do this, the other leg should also be about 2 inches off the ground.
- Alternate the legs with your hands firmly by your side.
- Repeat routines for at least 10 times, 15 seconds each.
Crunches with a balance ball
This exercise is perfect for shaping the rectus and transverse abdominis muscles.
- You have to choose a ball that you’re comfortable with.
- Sit on the ball and form a 90° angle.
- With your hands behind your head, crunch backwards while you engage your core.
- Go back to starting position.
- Repeat the routine 15 times.
Alternate reach and catch
This is also a very effective workout for the transverse and rectus abdominis muscles. To carry out routine:
- Lie flat with your arms flat and bring your knees inward
- Move the two hands towards one of your thighs as you reach for the knee.
- Alternate position and move to starting position.
- Repeat 15 times on each side.
V-Up targets the entire midsection of the body. It is good for the stomach and the waist. To do this:
- Lie down flat on your back.
- Keep your arms over your head in a stretched position.
- Lift and crunch your torso and legs off the floor to reach your feet.
- Return to starting position.
- Repeat routine 15 times.
Side crunches with a balance ball
This is a very effective exercise for the obliques. When the ball gets unstable, your muscles get maximally activated. To do this:
- Lie down on one of your sides with one of your hips on a ball
- Place one of your feet behind the other for suppose.
- Also, place your hands behind your head but ensure you don’t pull during exercise.
- Lift your upper body and crunch upward.
- Return to starting position but slowly
- Change sides and repeat the routine 15 times.
High plank with hip extension
Plank is a very common exercise for flattening the stomach but there are varieties of planks. The most effective plank that targets the midsection is known as a high plank with hip extension. To do this:
- In a push-up position, keep your body still while lifting one leg.
- Hold the position for 10 breaths and go back to starting position.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- repeat routine with each leg 12 times.
Another name for abdominal stretch is cobra yoga stretch. Abdominal stretch stretches the rectus abdominis. To do this:
- Lie down on your stomach.
- With your legs still rooted to the ground, raise your upper body by placing your hands near your shoulder.
- Keep the pelvis and hips on the floor.
- Pause for 10 seconds.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Lie down on your stomach, placing your hands near your shoulders.
- Push your hands and lift the upper body up, keeping the hips and pelvis on the floor.
- Pause for 10-15 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times.
Reverse crunch targets the rectus abdominis, the obliques and transverse abdomins. To do this:
- Lie down on your back with hands by your sides.
- Bring your knees to a 90° angle.
- Pull your knees towards your chest.
- Roll back to starting position while the knees are still bent.
- Adjust to your strength.
You cannot wish to have a flat tummy, putting in the work is the only guarantee of getting a tiny waist and a flat Stomach. Learn the specific exercise you need to tone that body part you desire.